How is the term “ecotechnology” used in the research literature? A systematic review with thematic synthesis
- ‘Ecotechnology’ is a term used to describe interventions relating to the environment, but there is little consensus over what it means.
- We performed a systematic review of the literature to better understand the definition.
- There are very few rich, explicit definitions and no single definition that is fit-for-purpose.
- We built a conceptual model to identify main themes across definitions.
- We propose a definition built on all key aspects of the conceptual model.